I've been away from Gentoo for the last year or so and using Ubuntu but find that I want to return to Gentoo simply because of the level of customization that I can do with it. However, I do have a few worries - why has there been no 2007.1 release (there was a 2006.1 from what I recall)? There also appears to have been a bit of turmoil in the Gentoo 'management;' - has this affected the long term viability of running Gentoo? Also I'm not running at Athlon X2 system, ifs there any _real_ advantage to running AMD64 or should I still to x86?
Just a few questions before I plunge in to it again :-)