Robert Stockdale IV wrote:

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Kristian Poul Herkild <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    > On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Dale wrote:
    >
    >> I would love to build a rig with two dual core CPUs, 4 cores in
    >> all. Compile times would be pretty short.  ;-)  Woooooo Ooooooo.
    >
    > You and everybody else.
    >
    > Plus tons of ram, 1TB storage and a good graphics subsystem. Yeah!
    >
    > Uwe
    >
    > --
    > Informal Linux Group Namibia:
    > http://www.linux.org.na/
    > SysEx (Pty) Ltd.:
    > http://www.SysEx.com.na/
    > --
    > gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org

    Make it 2 TB - 1 TB is not enough. But what a machine to compile OO.o
    with... not bad, ehh? *drooling*

    -kristian poul herkild

    --
    gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org <mailto:gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>

Why not 2 Quad core Phenom processors that would make it 8 cores.
Bob

Do they make them with dual AMD sockets? Do they make them with quad AMD sockets? I know they did at one time but not sure any more. I'm a AMD person. Nothing against Intel, just like AMD is all. Since I am on a stinking dial-up still, drive space is not a issue for me. :'( I do have a old Compaq Presario with quad CPUs and a whooping 128MBs of ram tho. I used to run folding on it. It's a table right now. Big enough table too. LOL

Dale

P. S.  Is this coming through as plain text?