On 20 Mar 2008, at 19:42, Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:

Get a volt meter and measure the voltage. Red is 5+ volts yellow is 12+
volts; if you're getting less than that or way too much than those
values then the component needs to be replaced.

I believe that the PSU has to be under load for the voltage to test correctly.

You can get testers for ATX PSUs for about £20, I noticed recently, and a search suggests they're much cheaper on eBay (see items 190207549145, 280209639310)

Try also swapping the
memory modules out one by one; interchanging them and see if that makes
it boot up. Some, not all, BIOS programs need some ram to boot the
machine.

Grant,

It's not clear from your other posts whether you've tried this. If I'm testing a motherboard I _always_ want to have RAM in it - testing without doesn't prove anything (to my satisfaction).

It could also be a broken power switch. If that is the case,
try to ground the pwr pin to a grnd(black) pin with a flat head screw
driver on the MB.

Forgot to mention this in my previous post - this is usually one of the first things I try, because it's so easy to do.

Stroller.