On Thursday 26 June 2008, John covici wrote:
> on Thursday 06/26/2008 Joerg Schilling([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> wrote

>  > Then call:
>  >
>  > cdda2wav -e -N -B
>  >
>  > If everything is OK, then you will be able to listen to the music.
>  > Otherwise you see human readble error messages that point you to the
>  > problem.
>  >
>  > Jörg
>
> OK, we are now getting somewhere, I did hear sound out of that, now
> that is interesting, but how does this work -- does it not copy the
> file or is it playing from the drive?  I have cdcd and it thinks its
> playing, bu I hear nothing.  Also, I can't get mplayer to do anyting,
> it thinks the url is wrong or something, so this is more complicated.
>
> Thanks much.

When I run cdda2wav -e -N -B I get:
===================================
recording 3884.2933 seconds stereo with 16 bits @ 44100.0 Hz
percent_done:
100%  track  1 recorded successfully

The "recording" part confuses me.  Does this mean that the command actually
writes a file on my hard drive or just plays it by passing it on to /dev/dsp?
Am I going to run out of disk space?

--
Regards,
Mick