[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 Sebastian Günther wrote:
df shows you the available space on the fs and du the size of the files
inside it.

The difference is caused by the journal and the 5% reserved for the
superuser, which du does not take in account

Do others have this kind of inconsistancy on their systems?
I would think everyone, who does not have changed the default settings
from mkfs.ext3.

I've another question. On my server root is 80% full and last weed it was 98% full. if it get to 100% , How can I delete or flush Journals to free some space?

best wishes
Platoali

I think this may help you get more information. What exactly does your "server" have installed? What is it used for? Web server? File server? DVR? Could it be that some log file is growing and taking up that space? How is your system partitioned?

I'm not guru but some more info may help.

Dale

:-) :-)