David Leverton ha scritto:
On Tuesday 16 September 2008 23:53:20 b.n. wrote:
David Leverton ha scritto:
On Tuesday 16 September 2008 23:18:42 b.n. wrote:
I am not going to do it because of the treatment I'd be reserved by
people like ciaranm, or you, if I only needed help or disagreed with
your opinions.
What on Earth makes you think that?
Your behaviour.

Towards people who only need help or disagree (rationally) with my opinions? Such as?

The IRC log posted on the r0bertz blog.

Don't do something so draw-droppingly idiotic if you don't want to receive the appropriate reaction.

The reaction is not appropriate.
The behaviour could be due to simple ignorance, instead of idiocy.
If he *knew* it was idiotic, he *would not* have done it, isn't it?
Or didn't you think about that?
Are maybe you -God forbid!- an idiot too? :)

In any case, even if r0bertz is a clueless idiot, the only sane approach is even in this case to calmly and rationally explain (or providing links to information) why what he was doing was, in your opinion, wrong.

That's for example what I am doing with you, even if you are quite jaw-droppingly too, outside a system administration context.

You see: it's called "Dealing With People". It's a different software from Portage or Paludis, but you should try it nonetheless.

This is paranoid behaviour.
To think that there is a "hate campaign" about your little software is
utterly paranoid.

It's not paranoid, it's true.  I've seen it.

Pretty unfortunately, that's what every paranoid would say.

Until I will see anti-paludis campaigns in the streets, sorry, it's just paranoia. You see people disagreeing (very wholeheartedly) with you, and instead of accepting that, you build the delusion of a conspiracy.

It's a well known, quite common psychological mechanism.

Of course you are free to give me the URLs of angry anti-paludis websites, the menacing private mails you received, etc. and convince me I am wrong.

Actually, I'm pretty sure >99.999% of world population just doesn't care
about your software. :)

Perhaps, but some of the people who do care care in a rather malicious way.

And, sir, what would the aim of those people be? What advantage they have from maliciously and viciously crushing Paludis? Will they become richer? More powerful? Or it's for the women?

You see, you happily give "idiocy" tags to people, yet you seem to believe things that have no rational justification at all. Maybe you should think twice.

Moreover, as I told you some time ago, the only way to shut up lies is
*facts*. In software, facts means code.

As I told you some time ago, these people don't care about code.

They care about code, and they care about your public behaviour. Even if they spread lies about your code because they want the Crystal Skull from the Paludis Shrine, well, you do not have to convince them.

You have to convince everyone else.

And you are not doing that. Trying to win on Volker, you are losing with everyone else. But at this point I don't think you will understand that -you're too busy not being an "idiot" when talking about package management, yet being somehow not as clever when dealing with human beings.

m.