On 15:39 Wed 17 Sep     , Stroller wrote:
> Finally, I might add that the log we've seen posted was taken without any
> context.  Perhaps the user is known on the channel for his idiocy, for
> winding the devs up, for asking stupid questions on a daily basis and not
> listening to advice given? We don't know.

Hey, I think it is time for me to say something.
That was my _very_ first time to ever speak in #paludis.
I did read the paludis FAQ before speak in #paludis.
But basically the FAQ says nothing about why the option is not implemented other
than some vague argument like "it could be abused".
So I went there to try to get an answer. And... you all know what followed.

Actually I still don't think --resume --skipfirst can do big harm to my system.
After all, my system have been running well for several years.

Vaeth's analysis is very good. IMO, that's by far the most pertinent explanation
to this problem. But that still can't happen in a perfect world, because
supposedly if a feature is required but can't be supported due to lack of a
specific (version) library, ./configure should fail early and loudly.

Zhang Le