> my new
> > >
> > > Hauppage USB tv stick to

> references to
> > >
> > > compilable kernel modules

> they
> > >
> > > referred to old modules or

> Knoppix and run
> > >
> > > make menuconfig on

> have
> > >
> > > 10's of TV card chipset

> > > gentoo-sources/vanilla-sources emerged

> why this
> > >
> > > might be?

> be
> > >
> > > gentle!)
> > >

> > > because a large part of the dvb/tv drivers are
> developed
> > > outside of the main
> > > kernel tree. Also a large part is hidden under
> > > experimental.
> > >
> > > For my dvb-t stick I need to checkout a mercurial
> rep and
> > > do a make, make
> > > install in it do get drivers that work. And with
> > > 'work' I mean: no sound on
> > > first try, but after disconnecting the stick and
> > > reconnecting it, it suddenly
> > > works.
> >
> > Hi, I went thru this process but i still dont have the
> option to add
> > support as a kernel module. Should the mercurial add
> steps to the
> > menuconfig?
>
> no.
> it just installs all the drivers in the rep as modules. It
> doesn't touch any
> configs at all.

Hmmm i wonder why i have seen sooo many references to alot more kernel options
than i have in either my gentoo-sources or vanilla-sources. Is it possible to
'patch' the kernel source instead of downloading using mercurial. Also how does
it 'know' what kernel to make the modules available under? I have 3 sets of
kernel code on my machine?