On Monday 29 September 2008, Jon Hardcastle wrote:

> > my new

> > references to

> > they

> > Knoppix and run

> > have

> > why this

> > be

> > developed

> > rep and

> > > Hi, I went thru this process but i still dont have the
> >
> > option to add
> >
> > > support as a kernel module. Should the mercurial add
> >
> > steps to the
> >
> > > menuconfig?
> >
> > no.
> > it just installs all the drivers in the rep as modules. It
> > doesn't touch any
> > configs at all.
>
> Hmmm i wonder why i have seen sooo many references to alot more kernel
> options than i have in either my gentoo-sources or vanilla-sources.

because they patch their kernel.

> Is it
> possible to 'patch' the kernel source instead of downloading using
> mercurial. Also how does it 'know' what kernel to make the modules
> available under? I have 3 sets of kernel code on my machine?

a) /usr/src/linux
b) uname -r
c) just make clean && make&& make install for every kernel.

Why patch at all? with the rep and make&& make install you get all the
drivers. It is not that much 'overhead' compared to the work of patching the
kernel. And you don't even need to worry about which driver you need -
autoloading will do that for you ;)