Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> That's what the -x is for.
>>>

>> Thanks for the info.  As you may can tell, I have never used rsync
>> before.  :/
>>

> Your portage tree must be very outdated by now :P
>

>> Then again, since I will be booted from the CD, shouldn't
>> they be empty anyway?  Except maybe for /dev/null and /dev/console I
>> guess?
>>

> Yes, and that is a better way of doing it as you will copy the two files
> in the underlying /dev. -x tells rsync to not cross filesystem
> boundaries, so it will make no difference if you are working from a live
> CD.

Well, I have used eix-sync but not rsync directly as a command.  I sync
once a week, give or take.

Light bulb warning.  So null and console are on the drive for it to
start up but once it mounts /dev then it uses that "virtual" thing?
Cool, if I understand that correctly.

I like it when my light bulb comes on.  It's so . . . . . pretty.  LOL

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  My friend got called in to work.  May be done tonight after all.
:-(