Willie Wong wrote:
On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 08:20:47PM +0200, Penguin Lover Nikos Chantziaras
squawked:
If your /etc/skel/.bashrc doesn't have an entry for bash completion but your ~/.bashrc does, then I guess it's not needed anymore but probably was needed a long time ago. AFAIK, updates won't change files in your $HOME so over time it tends to accumulate obsolete stuff.

I am curious as to how you have bash_completion working. Which version
of bash_completion are you running?

OK, strike that, I'm an idiot ;P  I have this in /etc/bash/bashrc:

[[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ]] && source /etc/profile.d/bash-completion

I must have put this in there myself, although I don't remember doing it :P Probably to have bash completion working with all users, not just me.