Hello again,

I just installed Xorg on the older Dell machine, for which I have a
17-inch Sony LCD screen.  Before I did anything with X, my screen
colors were just like I'm used to.  Now, I fired up X, got it to work
fine, and the colors are fine, but then I kill X and go back to text
mode, and the colors in text mode are all wrong, like I'm using a
dying CRT that's not firing right.  I go back to X, and the colors are
fine again.  Back to text mode - same deal.  Is X setting some
variable wrong when it shuts off, or do I need to tweak something?
Using manual controls on the LCD menu don't help at all.  Anyone run
into this before and might know what to do about this?

Thanks,
Denis