On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM, KH <gentoo-u...@konstantinhansen.de> wrote:
> Mark Knecht schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>    I'm not used to seeing all the additional messages below the
>> blockage indication. Can someone possibly help me understand how to
>> read this?
>>
>>    Are there really application packages that cannot be installed at
>> the same or is only about qt and possibly the USE flags I've got?
>>
>>    I tried removing qjackctl (the only world package I spotted in the
>> list) but that didn't help.
>>
>>    What to try next?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
> [snip]
>> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked
>>
> [snip]
>

> This link was great help for me. Told me everything and how to read the
> blocker. So I did:
>
> #emerge -avC qt-4.3.3
> #emerge -DuavN world (This installed qt-4.4.2)
>
> But now I do have a problem. When I run
>
> #emerge --depclean -av
>
> I receive the following output:
> [snip]
>
>  dev-db/sqlite
>    selected: 2.8.16-r4
>   protected: none
>     omitted: 3.6.6.2
>
>  x11-libs/qt
>    selected: 4.4.2
>   protected: none
>     omitted: 3.3.8b-r1
>
>  x11-libs/qt-svg
>    selected: 4.4.2
>   protected: none
>     omitted: none
>
>  x11-libs/qt-opengl
>    selected: 4.4.2
>   protected: none
>     omitted: none
>
>  x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns
>    selected: 4.4.2
>   protected: none
>     omitted: none
>
>  x11-libs/qt-assistant
>    selected: 4.4.2-r1
>   protected: none
>     omitted: none
>
>  x11-libs/qt-webkit
>    selected: 4.4.2
>   protected: none
>     omitted: none
>
> What did I miss? This results in an infinite circle of unmerging and
> emerging.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> kh

In your /etc/make.conf file do you have the following line?

EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"

You can do this on the emerge command line if you choose. See man
emerge for info on doing that.

I *think* the standard answer about why this happens is that
--depclean and a basic emerge don't search all the dependencies
exactly the same. If you add the --with-bdeps y option then they do.

Anyway, I don't seem to run into this much using this in make.conf.

Hope this helps,
Mark