Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
>> Hence the question, should this be a default option?  I'm not the only
>> one that has ran into this.
>>
>> Dale
>>

> Maybe it's a forest for trees thing but it's in the man page and shows
> up early in Gentoo Portage documentation:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/doc/faq.xml
>
> I don't think it's required for all folks so I don't think it should
> be default. It does result in longer emerge cycles as it grabs and
> builds more code on average. Many folks might not want that.
>
> Just my thoughts,
> Mark

It's sort of funny in a way.  I hardly ever go to the Gentoo website.  I
follow this list and -dev and learn that way.  I sync usually each
Friday or Saturday and usually by the time I get the packages downloaded
over my slow dial-up, if there are any problems with something it will
be on the list by then.  I do on occasion search the forums.  I'm going
through the qt blockages now but I still have a lot to download yet.
That qt-core package is huge.  Almost like OOo.  Then there are the
brothers, sisters and children of that thing to go with it.

I need broadband something awful.  I don't think sticking a stick of
dynamite under AT&T would do any good at all either

Dale

:-)  :-)