Harry Putnam wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> The problem I ran into when I copied the old way, cp
>> arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot, that wasn't the kernel but was a link to
>> the kernel in the x86 directory tree.  When I copied the link then the
>> link got broke and then it appeared red on my screen.  I thought I was
>> going nuts for a bit.  I hadn't heard anything about the kernel being
>> moved and it had been a while.  I'm old and I do forget sometimes.
>>

> Dale, from one old `f..t' to another.. here is a little tip I use
> dozens of ways to aid my sorry failing memory.
>
> In ~/.inputrc
>
> Something like (verbatim):
>
>    "\M-f": "ls -l `find ./ -iname 'bzimage'`"
>
> after saving ~/.inputrc, type C-x C-r to make readline re-read
> it.
>
> Then anytime you press Atl-f readline will put that command on the
> cmdline for you.
>
> So inside /usr/src/linux, Alt-f <enter> will dig up bzimage and show
> any deceitful symlinks for what they are... hehe.
>
> May not be that useful .. at least until someone sneaks in and moves
> bzimage again, but I guess you can imagine the many ways putting
> things in .inputrc will free you from remembering stuff.

Well, what I did was go into Konqueror and look to see where the link
was pointing too.  It told me exactly where it was.  I could have done
the same in console but I was logged into KDE already so I just did it
the Nintendo way.  LOL

Yep, I'm only 41 but I feel like a lot older most days.

Dale

:-)  :-)