Hi,

I try to use vncviewer to access a OSX box with 10.5.6 and 'screen sharing'
enabled. I have no problems with another mac that has another vnc server
running but I thought, let's try the one, that comes with the OS.

If I connect using vncviewer I get:

VNC Viewer Free Edition 4.1.3 for X - built Apr  9 2009 21:56:01
Copyright (C) 2002-2008 RealVNC Ltd.
See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.

Thu Apr  9 23:14:45 2009
 CConn:       connected to host 192.168.1.22 port 5900
 CConnection: Server supports RFB protocol version 3.889
 CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.8

Thu Apr  9 23:14:50 2009
 TXImage:     Using default colormap and visual, TrueColor, depth 16.
 CConn:       Using pixel format depth 6 (8bpp) rgb222
 CConn:       Using ZRLE encoding
 main:        End of stream

And it returns. Are there any extensions in Apple's solution that cause
this or is it maybe a problem with color depth on the x-server that
I am running the client on (already o Xorg 1.5).

Any clues are welcome.

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elw...@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185