On Thursday 13 August 2009 22:29:52 Joseph wrote:

> Having Gentoo.org forum or wiki down when most of us rely heavily on them
> is not acceptable. If the current sever is not reliable (and it is NOT;
> regardless if it is free or not) move it somewhere else.

You are completely missing the point about the wiki.

The Gentoo Foundation does not own gentoo-wiki. It is privately run. It cannot
move it, rehost it, improve it or have any appreciable effect on it in any way
(other than mailing the real owner and asking nicely).

The Gentoo Foundation can no more influence the wiki than it can influence
DistroWatch, Ubuntu or Microsoft's web site.

So can we all please stop being confused and assuming something different, and
wondering why Gentoo does not guarantee the wiki?

IT DOES NOT BECAUSE IT CANNOT. TO EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE IT, THAT'S TOUGH.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com