On Donnerstag 17 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
> 090917 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > On Mittwoch 16 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
> > > Faced with the KDE 4 steamroller rumbling & shuddering ever closer,
> > > I've been trying out the 4.3.1 versions of apps I frequently use.
> > > I have not installed the desktop management part of KDE,
> > > only the apps themselves & whatever deps they require:
> > > Fluxbox is my desktop manager of choice.
> >
> > fluxbox is not a manager. It is merely a window manager.
>
> It manages my desktop much better than KDE 4.2.1 did ...

no, it does not manage your desktop. It only manages windows. It is a window
manager. Not a desktop. You are a native speaker, aren't you?

> > KDE can use all ICCCM adhering WM.
>
> How can "KDE use WM" ? -- your words make no sense in English.

the WM is just a part that can be replaced like any other one. Just google for
'KDEWM' or have a look into system-settings, standard components. Second row
from above.