On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 09:30:42AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:21:06 -0800, fe...@crowfix.com wrote:
> > Plus it does
> > not have multitouch like the iPhone or the new Motorola Droid, which
> > would be a big improvement.
>
> That's a software limitation, the touchscreen supports multitouch and
> I've seen a hacked G-1 with multitouch working.

The hardware supports a limited multitouch sort of by chance.  It
loses track of fingers too close to the vertical or horizontal so if
you want to pinch or spread for zoom, you have to do it at an angle.
Rotation doesn't work thru a vertical or horizontal, altho a clever
program could make a guess.

> > Here are some of the things I like about Better Keyboard:
>
> Is this in the Market? If so, I'll give it a try as you can get a refund
> on paid programs within the first 24 hours.

Yes, I think $5.  I had tried the builtin virtual keyboard and found
it barely better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as the physical
keyboard.  I was reluctant to try Better Keyboard but it turned out so
good that I wondered if Google would incorporate many of its features
into some later version of Android, maybe even buy rights to it if not
just plain copy.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / fe...@crowfix.com
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933