On Saturday 14 November 2009 11:30:42 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > I have not looked into these new phones much because my G1 is only a
> > year old, still runs fine, and still has a year to go on the danged
> > contract.  But if I were looking for a new phone today, I would start
> > by investigating the Maemo, then look at other Androids which don't
> > have a physical keyboard but do have multitouch, and finally at the
> > Droid.
>
> I had more or less decided to go for the N900 when my contract expires in
> a few months, then Motorola confused things by releasing the Droid. Now
> I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.

hehehe, I know that feeling. I eventually had to draw a line in the sand and
make a decision. Consider that I'd been mulling over what smart phone to get
for 4 years, I figured it was time :-)

Here in South Africa, we get all the mundane phones almost as soon as everyone
else. Top of the line gear though - we wait 12 months at least usually.

So the G1 was the best choice for me from what was available right now. So far
I'm happy, even though I completely understand the G1 was more of an
experiment than anything else, even though the enter key is not as accessible
as the rest of the keys.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com