On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:25:13 +0100, Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

On 14 Nov 2009, at 17:55, Nelis Botha wrote:
I need some help. I am trying to set up my wireless lan on gentoo. I
have recompiled kernel. Every attempt at configuring /etc/conf.d/net
end in faed to configure wireless for wlan0 i have folowed the advice
given when it fails and give info/advice to resolve but nothing has
worked thus far. My question then is : what should the /etc/conf.d/net
look like if I want to connect to dhcp enabled adsl router that does
not need authenticating ?

Hi there,

Could you start by telling us which make & model of wireless card you're using, please?

Do you have the right drivers compiled into the kernel for it, or as modules?

Please post the output of `lspci` / `lsusb` as appropriate, of `lsmod` and `iwconfig`.

Stroller.

Also, did you try setting up wpa_supplicant or with wireless-tools?

--
Zeerak