On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:40:57 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > > Is this a desktop machine?
> >
> > What difference does that make?
>
> It might be inconvenient to run the wicd client on a headless box

You could run the curses version over SSH, provided you could avoid
tripping over the various chickens and eggs :)

> > > If so, dump the net.* scripts and just run wicd.
> > >
> > > Why? Because it just works.
> >
> > Agreed, but on laptops and netbooks too.
>
> I see what you mean :-)
>
> I meant "desktop" generally as in "not a server"

ISWYM2 :)

--
Neil Bothwick

Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case of
dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and
unidentifiable chunks of fish.