pk wrote:
Dale wrote:

I think it is hal that does this.  You can make up your own rules if you
want, and can, to "force" it to do what you want.  Thing is, the config
file is a mess.  It's xml and if you don't know xml, well, it ain't
pretty.  The rules go into /etc/hal/ somewhere.  I don't use hal here so
this is just info.

As I understand it, Harry wished to control X output (i.e. the virtual
screen size). As far as I know, all configuration for _output_ devices
is done in xorg.conf. HAL (if one is so inclined ;-) takes care of the
_input_ devices...

I'm not going to get started on hal folks.  Just trying to point a
little.  Relax and breathe.

Oh, please! I don't mind... ;-)

Best regards

Peter K

You been around here long enough to know about me and hal? Surely not or you wouldn't be asking for it. I have to admit, I'm not nearly as pissed as I was tho. lol I'm just not going to try putting it on here again. It didn't work. I couldn't configure the thing so that it would. I removed it. I better stop now. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)