I would suggest that white surface would be good for permafrost and more stable
on land than at sea (where these styrofoam sheets can sail allover world to the
beaches and disrupt oxygen balances in the sea). They could all be piled in
huge mountains like styrofoam "pack ice" rendering them as rather useless
polystyene ice bergs on beaches.

The high arctic could contain lots of redundant ground that might be possible
to cover by white surfacing. But wouldn't this approace work even better in
deserts to reflect heat.

May be just few of the table-top mountains of Tassili mountains in Algeria
could be covered by white plastic and see how this could effect, I would think
this would not eat anyone's purse too much. Reflective folio film could also be
fine. US$ 100k - 500k at maximum ?

During ice age many Saharan mountains had glaciers and snowtops anyway, so it
would not be entirely new to see white surfaces re-occurring there.

Rgs, Albert