Wide spread use of fracking only dates back to the Bush/Cheney Energy Bill
of 2005 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005>Current
methane measurements would be interesting to compare to the data Gregory
mentions!

I am clueless about what, if any, contributions to GE research the industry
is currently offering. However, I believe support for GE research would be
important to their strategic long term plans. If anyone can point out any
oil/gas industry funding activity *directly related* to GE, I would like to
read the info.

Thanks,

--
*Michael Hayes*