From: "lidijasil...@gmail.com<mailto:lidijasil...@gmail.com>"
<lidijasil...@gmail.com<mailto:lidijasil...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:32 AM
To: geoengineering
<geoengineering@googlegroups.com<mailto:geoengineering@googlegroups.com>>
Subject: [geo] Re: Nickel nanoparticles catalyse reversible hydration of carbon
dioxide for mineralization carbon capture and storage - Catalysis Science &
Technology (RSC Publishing)

With presence of Ni we have increases at the same time trapping of CO2 and
increased the rates of conversion to carbonic acid on room temperature and on
the atmospheric pressure.
We still working to find the best mineralisation pathway - we will use
silicates (magnesium calcium silicates) as a source of Ca2+ or Mg2+.

While nickel nanoparticles are toxic as already mentioned in the paper we do
not propose to spread this around in the enviroment but to have local disposal
next to power plant or industrial plant.
We made brief cost - 8$ per ton of CO2 if we can recover Ni 99% yield based on
current price of nickel.