Thanks for the warning, Andrew, but I risked going anyway without my body
guards, and glad I did. The chem trail folks were indeed there and at times
voiced their agitation over perceived major sky hacking already ongoing, but
neither Ken nor Clive accommodated their fears. I think the debate really
boiled
down to whether or not humans can be trusted with researching and managing
climate manipulation. Clive's view seems to be "no". On the other hand, he made
a startling prediction that, given the relatively low cost, he anticipated that
SRM will be done in 30-40 years by  one or more developing countries desperate
to counter the climate change wreaked on them by the developed world's CO2.
That
seems an admission that more conventional actions won't work by then, and
argues
that in the meantime nations must come together to scientifically evaluate
whether or not SRM is a viable, safe option before rogue states take matters
into their own hands.  Ken did a good job in arguing for a rational, open
evaluation of the technology and in defusing the "Dr. Strangelove" persona that
the chemtrailers were expecting.
Anyway, I think it was an informative evening for the audience, and Earth
Island
Institute is to be commended for bravely hosting discussion on this important
topic. It was nearly a full house; I'd say there were 90 people in attendance.
Anyone else from this list?

Greg