Dear Tom:
I agree 350ppm(V) is likely an impossible mark, but stopping at a
concentration equivalent to a two degree limit this century is not.

See, for example, the Global Environmental Assessment (GEA) published last
year by IIASA. It defines some 41 pathways that would work to stay below 2
degrees.  Further, these pathways are compatible with achieving three
other goals:achieving global energy security, assuring universal access to
clean cooking  fuels and electricity for the poor, and avoiding pollution
and other environmental damage from the use of energy. The Global Energy
Assessment is available for free at
GlobalEnvironmentalAssessment.org.  It is in hard copy from Cambridge
University Press.
The best,
Bill Fulkerson
1-865-680-0937
wf...@utk.edu
Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment
The University of Tennessee