From: Michael Hayes [mailto:voglerl...@gmail.com]
Sent: zaterdag 17 september 2016 1:03
To: geoengineering
Cc: Mike MacCracken; Ken Caldeira; Ronal Larson; Greg Rau; Schuiling, R.D.
(Olaf); christopher.rodg...@ncl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Distinguishing morale hazard from moral hazard in geoengineering

Andrew,

On first glance, I'm confidant in saying that many of your opining premises are
simply wrong or are clearly and simply cherry picking to support your private
views. As such, the overall paper has nether scholarly merit nor even common
sense. As a prime example, you claim that negative emissions technologies are
presumed to be "only decades away".

That bit of information would, I'm sure, be somewhat confusing to Drs. Rau and
Larson as both of their respective negative emissions technologies are
currently being used at the industrial level. The use of olivine, as Dr.
Schuiling has tried to explain on many occasions, has geological time scales of
use as a natural NET!! Further, marine biomass production by humans dates back
roughly 5 millennium, if not further.

To avoid putting a too sharp of a point on my take away, I will forever hold
your paper up as a prime example of how one can, at least attempt to, bring an
opponent (i.e. non-SAI concepts) down through 'clarifying' certain words and
terms in what supposedly is a peer reviewed journal.

The lack of integrity, much less accuracy, in this so called peer reviewed
paper should be of concern to all 'Independent' and/or other species of
scholars.

Warmest regards,

Michael