Ben, if you ever do get around to running the model with PSCs, I would be
interested in viewing the results and learning more about the details of
your model.

As I have had my concerns over this sulfur/PSC issue for years, I've read
up on a number of models specifically crafted for PSCs and most authors on
the subject believe PSCs need unique treatment.

I just don't see how your type of model can depict the full range of PSC
factors. Just on the issue of topography alone, which some PSC specific
models factor in as topography is a factor in some PSC formations, seems to
be absent within this new model.

I would like to know how your model can fully depict the many factors
related to PSCs.

As to the BC, you may wish to adjust your model for wetted BC even if for
the only the reason that such modeling may represent a first effort of its
kind. I guess that, and that alone, would give it value.

As to the valcanic sulfur thing, there would seem to be far more wetted BC
being released each year from ffs and fires than valcanic sulfur. Why not
model for wetted BC?

Michael Hayes