I've not seen anything that would qualify as extreme irrationality from all
ten of the world's largest economies. As I said in my post above and in the
paper, I could imagine one or two countries ignoring the risk of
termination shock but I find it harder to imagine that all capable states
would. And recall, where there are multiple states capable of maintaining
SRM it can't be terminated unilaterally. If a powerful country wanted to
stop SRM suddenly they would need to be able to persuade or force all other
countries around the world to suffer the ravages to termination shock.  We
can make up some 'what if...?' scenarios where this could happen, but 'what
if...?' scenarios on their own are not a strong foundation for risk
analysis.
Andy