Dear Ron,

Don't take this personally, but your email was a tipping point for me, and I have to respond.  Why are there so many complaints about "paywalls?"  Who do you expect to pay for the publication of scientific papers?  The American Meteorological Society, American Geophysical Union, and American Association for the Advancement of Science are non-profits.  Part of the cost of publication is paid by authors, and reviewers and most editors work for free.  If you want them to give you the papers for free, the authors will have to pay even more.  If you want the papers, join the AMS, AGU, and AAAS, and support our science.  Pay for subscriptions to the journals.  I have been a member of all three for my entire career.

Alan

Alan Robock, Distinguished Professor
  Editor, Reviews of Geophysics
Department of Environmental Sciences             Phone: +1-848-932-5751
Rutgers University                    E-mail: rob...@envsci.rutgers.edu
14 College Farm Road            http://people.envsci.rutgers.edu/robock
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA
☮ http://twitter.com/AlanRobock         2017 Nobel Peace Prize to ICAN!