+1.

I think this is an excellent and powerful new feature. I have been
thinking about how this could be used in WFS as well, particularly
app-schema, which is an adapter that consumes simple feature data
stores. This approach could provide some exciting new configuration options.

Andrea, I assume this requires JDBCDataStore (NG) changes? If, could you
please outline them?

Rob A, how close is this to replacing sqlview?

Nice work, Andrea.

Kind regards,
Ben.

--