So what does a bug reporter do if they confirm the bug is fixed in a
nightly? You seem to be suggesting that they do not provide the
confirmed-fixed feedback usually indicated in Jira by closing the issue.

To make closing part of the release process (and I think that is a
really good idea!) we need to start treating resolved as being
confirmed-fixed (instead of closing the issue). This differs from the
Jira manual. I think this is a worthwhile, but will require Jira user
education. We need to identify the two use-cases: (1) reporter feedback,
and (2) release manager changelog generation. In my view, we can't use
"Closed" for both. You are asking us to choose (2). I agree.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer