On 28/02/14 11:38, Andrea Aime wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it <mailto:andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>> wrote:

        On a first glance, I can't see why those two maps in the two
        classes below use a String as key (localpart) rather than the
        whole Name. I'm surprised myself that I did that. The only
        reason I can imagine right now is that sometimes people might
        make requests without specifying the namespace, and I wanted
        to allow that lazy behaviour. Apart from that I see no reason
        why we can't change the use of String by the use of Name in
        those maps.

    Cool, I guess I'll make the fix and try to add tests so that we
    don't regress on this aspect in the future

Pull request here:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/506

I believe the original code was using the local part because the tests for the simple store were never specifying the namespace. I've made both work by rolling a Name -> RecordDescriptor map that has some leniency, and if a full name match against a key that has no namespace fails, attempts also a match against the local part only

Cheers
Andrea

Looks good!

Indeed, that must have been the reason I did it. This is a good solution!

Regards
Niels