Hi Simone,
yep, I like this approach a lot better than shutting down WFS-T altoghether.
We should check, hopefully the desktop clients will just pop up a
auth dialog when transaction is refused (would be best to check).

Cheers
Andrea

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Simone Giannecchini <
simone.giannecch...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:

> [...]
> config, WFS-T enable for everyone on alla layers.
>
> Let's be honest, we need to change this regardless of the reason why
> things were done this way.
> My suggestion is simple, let's change our default configuration and
> allow only administrators to change data. This should be a fairly
> simple change in the configurations and it's a much less aggressive
> approach (IMHO) than making WFS read-only.
>
> Ok, I know, one might say "what if I forget to change the default
> uid/pwd)?" but yeah, murphy's law can't be beaten :)
>
> Opinions?
>
> Regards,
> Simone Giannecchini
> ==
> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
> Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
> ==
> Ing. Simone Giannecchini
> @simogeo
> Founder/Director
>
> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
> Via di Montramito 3/A
> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
> Italy
> phone: +39 0584 962313
> fax:     +39 0584 1660272
> mob:   +39 333 8128928
>
> http://www.geo-solutions.it
> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

> AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
> nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate.
> Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del
> messaggio, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora
> riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo
> cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla
> distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema.
> Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
> distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità
> diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal
> D.Lgs. 196/2003.
>
> The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
> for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be
> confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of
> privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New
> Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any
> disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either
> dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
> previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by
> telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message
> that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty
> or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent
> messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they
> were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf