Hi,

I have made a pull request for this:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/1835

Basically I changed the default configuration and add a template for layers
security so that by default layers data can only be edited by
administrators.

This configuration will also guarantee that in the future if a new service,
WPS or rest entry point for editing data is added by default only
administrators
will be able to change the data.

I have tried to change a layer with this configuration using a desktop
client
and I got a read-only layer message error, no prompt for credentials.

Opinions ?

Regards,

Nuno Oliveira

On 09/20/2016 11:29 AM, Simone Giannecchini wrote:
> Cool,
> I am passing this over to Nuno for solving.
>
> I don't think we'll do it in time for this release(s).
> Regards,
> Simone Giannecchini
> ==
> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
> Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
> ==
> Ing. Simone Giannecchini
> @simogeo
> Founder/Director
>
> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
> Via di Montramito 3/A
> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
> Italy
> phone: +39 0584 962313
> fax:     +39 0584 1660272
> mob:   +39  333 8128928
>
> http://www.geo-solutions.it
> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

> AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
> nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate.
> Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del
> messaggio, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora
> riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo
> cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla
> distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema.
> Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
> distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità
> diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal
> D.Lgs. 196/2003.
>
> The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
> for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be
> confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of
> privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New
> Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any
> disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either
> dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
> previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by
> telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message
> that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty
> or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent
> messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they
> were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail
> transmission, viruses, etc.
>

> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Brad Hards <br...@frogmouth.net> wrote:
>>> +1. Open WFS-T should not be the default.
>> Concur.
>>
>> Brad

==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.