Hi Ian,
I'm not too familiar with the code bases, but think that the authentication
does not happen in the WMS/WMTS code, but
in the HTTP client instead, e.g.:

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/library/main/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/ows/SimpleHttpClient.java#L138
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/extension/wms/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/ows/MultithreadedHttpClient.java#L144

Hope this helps

Cheers
Andrea

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been looking at GEOS-8671
> <https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8671> thinking it was a
> simple find and replace issue in the WMTS code but it looks like all the
> WMTS code does is take the URL from the getCapabilities response (or the
> server URL if that fails) and makes a request to that. So I now suspect
> that at some point the security code is adding the authentication code to
> the URL - I guessed that SecuredWMTSLayer might be the place to look, but
> that seems to nothing to the URL, tracking back I came to
> SecuredWMTSStoreInfo which looks possible as it calls
> SecuredObjects.secure(wms, policy) - but I can't for the life of me work
> out what is going on in there.
>
> The worrying thing is that all that SecuredWMTS* code is a straight copy
> and paste from SecuredWMS* so if this fails for WMTS I suspect it will fail
> for WMS.
>
> Can any one point me to the code that actually rewrites the URL to insert
> the authenicationkey?
>
> cheers
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Turton

Regards,

Andrea Aime

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.