Fra: Roel De Nijs [roel.den...@aquafin.be]
Sendt: 10. februar 2015 13:29
Til: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Emne: [Geoserver-users] Limiting GetMap request using a Geometry

Hi list,

We send a WMS GetMap-request (through OpenLayers) to geoserver for a set of
layers. The number of comma-seperated values in the layers parameter ranges
from 1 to 30.

Some of our users are only allowed to see the objects of a certain geographic
area like a city or a state. To implement this requirement, we currently add a
cql_filter to the request and so for each layer (in the layers parameter) we
add something like “WITHIN(the_geom, wktOfArea)”. This wktOfArea can get quite
big and is thus repeated for every layer (resulting in a very big request). It
works, but it’s slow.

Are there any alternatives to implement this requirement? What’s considered tob
e the best approach? I noticed the querylayer module (cross layer filtering)
and because the cities and states are defined in a seperate geoserver layer, I
assume this could be a (good) alternative...

Kind regards,
Roel De Nijs
Senior Java Developer

[http://www.aquafin.be/images/content/banners/82.jpg]<http://www.congrespubliekeruimte.be>