Hi Oiva

If you use the standard XML services you do not have to think about ADMIN
and GROUP_ADMIN.

Simply add your role and associate the role with your user group. Then you
have to use this role to protect
the resources.

Do not forget to restart GeoServer after your changes.

Cheers
Christian

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Hakala Oiva (Luke) <oiva.hak...@luke.fi>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> No matter how hard I try to read, I do not understand Geoserver's security
> system. Especially the role/group is totally ununderstandable for me.
>

> The simpe job would be to create a group of basic users and some users
> into it. But then the role service is confusing. As I understand, I
> should add a role to that user's group, right? But then the only derivative
> roles are ADMIN and GROUP_ADMIN, but I don't want such type of roles. Just
> basic user role, but there is not such? So, how to go on? Geoserver version
> 2.6.4.
>

> Oiva Hakala, Natural Resources Institute Finland

DI Christian Mueller MSc (GIS), MSc (IT-Security)
OSS Open Source Solutions GmbH