The jdbconfig module was mentioned as a community module in the release
notes. It is especially difficult to ask for assistance/support on
community modules where the work is not being released as part of
GeoServer. We set up the "community module" idea to encourage students and
companies to share their work in progress, experiments and features to
encourage collaboration. Not every group is in position to meet the quality
assurance and documentation requirements to have their work included in
GeoServer.

If you are interested in any of the projects here
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/tree/master/src/community you may
wish to check if the work is actively maintained:

- if the community module is not actively maintained ask on the email list
if there is anyone else working on the functionality - perhaps you can
combine forces? The developer responsible may need encouragement/assistance
or a contract to complete the work to meet the documentation and quality
assurance requirements for the Project. We have to be careful in the
GeoServer community not to take on functionality that is unsupported and
unmaintainable.

- If the community module  is actively maintained review the pom.xml file
to determine who is taking care of it, many of these individuals are listed
on our commercial support page

I do understand that community modules are frustrating, the promise of
functionality that is *just* out of reach. We find this less frustrating
then helping developers (sometimes for months) complete features that we
never get to see. At least this way we have access to the source code and
can build on their work (either directly by completing the functionality,
or indirectly by using the work as an example/inspiration).

--
Jody Garnett