Hi Anton,

sorry, for late response: in my experience this is something you have to try and adjust yourself, because every computer setup is different. You can use e.g. Apache JMeter to create a bunch of testing WMS requests and then try to find the setting where you have the best performance. You may find out you are not bounded by database, but network or disk access...

Cheers,

Peter