Hi Steve,

You need to add a

|<context:component-scan base-package="package.of.the.class" /> to the spring context for it to work. Regards Niels |

On 24-11-17 09:20, Steve Omondi wrote:
So I temporarily removed security for the /rest/* chain in Authentication and using http://host:port/geoserver/rest/jdbcexport just returns the defaultgeoserver/rest result.

Any pointers are welcome.

Kind regards,
Steve Omondi

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Steve Omondi <steve.omo...@ramani.co.ke <mailto:steve.omo...@ramani.co.ke>> wrote:

    Hi Niels,

    So I was trying out the Java class you shared. Here is what I did;
    -> copied theJDBCexport into geoserver/WEB-INF/classes/
    -> restarted the Tomcat
    -> Tried to invoke the class on the browser with the following URLs;

    http://host:port/geoserver/jdbcexport resulted into 404 Not
    Resource not found
    http://host:port/geoserver/rest/jdbcexport resulted into 403 Error
    (Forbidden) Note that I'm logged into Geoserver as Admin

    Is this the correct procedure I should use with this class?

    Kind regards,
    Steve Omondi

    On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Niels Charlier <ni...@scitus.be