Hi !

Thank you very much for your answers.

I was indeed looking for a 2.12.2 build for geofence, but Andrea said it,
there is no such build for community moduls.

I've continued to fiddle with this, and now it works after a seemingly
completely inoffensive change ?!

I'm using Docker, and this is what I changed in the Dockerfile. Besides
that, everything is 100% unchanged. I tried around 20 times so it
definitely looks like this is the cause. This Dockerfile doesn't work :

RUN echo "Download geoserver" && \
wget
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/geoserver/GeoServer/2.12.2/geoserver-2.12.2-bin.zip
&& \
unzip geoserver-2.12.2-bin.zip && \
rm geoserver-2.12.2-bin.zip && \
echo "Download printing module" && \
wget
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/geoserver/GeoServer/2.12.2/extensions/geoserver-2.12.2-printing-plugin.zip
&& \
unzip -o geoserver-2.12.2-printing-plugin.zip -d
/geoserver-2.12.2/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
rm geoserver-2.12.2-printing-plugin.zip && \
echo "Download geofence module" && \
wget
https://build.geoserver.org/geoserver/2.12.x/community-latest/geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-geofence-server-plugin.zip
&& \
unzip -o geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-geofence-server-plugin.zip -d
/geoserver-2.12.2/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
rm geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-geofence-server-plugin.zip && \
echo "Download authkey module" && \
wget
https://build.geoserver.org/geoserver/2.12.x/community-latest/geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-authkey-plugin.zip
&& \
unzip -o geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-authkey-plugin.zip -d
/geoserver-2.12.2/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
rm geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-authkey-plugin.zip

This Dockerfile works :

RUN echo "Download geoserver" && \
wget
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/geoserver/GeoServer/2.12.2/geoserver-2.12.2-bin.zip
&& \
unzip geoserver-2.12.2-bin.zip && \
rm geoserver-2.12.2-bin.zip
RUN echo "Download printing module" && \
wget
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/geoserver/GeoServer/2.12.2/extensions/geoserver-2.12.2-printing-plugin.zip
&& \
unzip -o geoserver-2.12.2-printing-plugin.zip -d
/geoserver-2.12.2/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
rm geoserver-2.12.2-printing-plugin.zip
RUN echo "Download geofence module" && \
wget
https://build.geoserver.org/geoserver/2.12.x/community-latest/geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-geofence-server-plugin.zip
&& \
unzip -o geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-geofence-server-plugin.zip -d
/geoserver-2.12.2/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
rm geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-geofence-server-plugin.zip
RUN echo "Download authkey module" && \
wget
https://build.geoserver.org/geoserver/2.12.x/community-latest/geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-authkey-plugin.zip
&& \
unzip -o geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-authkey-plugin.zip -d
/geoserver-2.12.2/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
rm geoserver-2.12-SNAPSHOT-authkey-plugin.zip

It's kind of a detail (the only goal of merging those command with && is to
slightly reduce the weight of the Docker image) so I could live with using
the second one, but since I'm trying to build a reproducible deploy method
using Docker, I'd like it to be stable, and therefore would love to
understand what's happening.

I compared the resulting geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/ folders, and the only
difference is with modification time of the files. Can this play a role in
how java loads jars ? Or would you have and clue about what else could be
happening here ?

I feel I'm missing something obvious here, but can't figure out :-)

Kind regards,

Olivier