Hello again Simone, do I understand correctly in that with a jpeg-compressed
bigtiff with overviews one might get away with using the ImageMosaic plugin?

I certainly have some testing to do (am currently adding overviews to the
~15GB bigtiff that was the result of gdal_translating the ~750 1km tiles
together and compressing them, it will take a bit of time; will try and use
the imagemosaic plugin with it and if not very successful then
gdal_retile.py for pyramid creation, sans compressing anew.

Rgds
David

Simone Giannecchini wrote

Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html