Hi gep-eders,

I’ve not been to an international environmental conference for a few years, so
I have a question of protocol for you all: will I be shunned, avoided, and
socially ostracized if I say the term “UNEP” in public?

In all seriousness, I understand "UN Environment” is what the organization
wants to be called…but are people generally saying “UN Environment" these days
in international fora? And does the difference between saying “UNEP" and "UN
Environment” matter in any consequential way at all?

I should emphasize that I really have no agenda with these questions…they are
asked out of cloistered ignorance and curiosity…and I suppose I should be
saying the right thing to my students…..

As usual, if you want to send me your response, I’ll collate them and send out.

Many thanks,

Charlie Chester
GEP-guide.net <http://gep-guide.net/> • BCI <http://batcon.org/> • Y2Y
<http://y2y.net/> • Brandeis <http://www.brandeis.edu/programs/environmental/>