On 17/07/2013 21:58, bat guano wrote:
But although I see the red errors:-
"Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream
0"

The file does mux OK as with Vangelis.
The resulting mp3 file seems OK.

So maybe it is just a matter of switching off or reducing the loglevel like you
said.

That's the thing - your're getting something different than Vangelis and I are seeing with ffmpeg 1.2, and I'm not sure why, given your code is pretty new. To suppress your messages would require -loglevel fatal, but I'm not sure suppressing other error messages is a good idea. Vangelis and I get a different set of messages at warning level, so they can be suppressed with -loglevel error, which seems a bit safer. IIRC, that was the gist of the changes last year - convert those error messages to warnings and ignoring any clipping. I don't have my ffmpeg repo to hand, so I'll have check that.