Thanks for the reply but unfortunately (or fortunately) I currently only have a single drive (C:) and it still has 67Gb of disk space left.

Dave

------ Original Message ------
From: "MacFH - C E Macfarlane" <c.e.macfarl...@macfh.co.uk>
To: "Dave Widgery" <dave.widg...@gmail.com>; "get_iplayer" <get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org>
Sent: 22/02/2018 12:58:35
Subject: Re: Perl error get_iplayer 3.12 running on windows 7

On 22/02/2018 07:21, Dave Widgery wrote:
Hi

I went to manually run the get_iplayer command prompt today and a error box popped up with the following message.

Perl.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
\Device\Harddisk1\DR9

Hi,

My best guess is that the message means exactly what it says! How much disk space is left on your C: drive?

More generally, although diskspace may or may not be the problem here, it is worth reiterating how unfortunate it is that Windows, like many other OSs, defaults to storing everything on one drive or partition, whereas many experienced people would claim that it is better to put the OS on one drive or partition - leaving enough diskspace spare for swapspace, the hibernation file, to run updates, install some new software, accommodate an occasional large temporary file, etc - and to put the user data on a seperate drive or partition. That way user data can completely fill its drive or partition without grinding the PC to a halt, whereas if everything is on the same drive or partition, excessive user data can prevent the creation of temporary files, prevent increasing the amount of swapspace when needed, etc, and thus the OS can grind to a halt.

Regards
C E Macfarlane.