In article <c5f6e44f-9434-ae8f-116b-6d375eaf0...@zoho.com>, RS
<richard...@zoho.com> wrote:

> On 29/08/18 13:54, I wrote:

> > hafstd1, 128kbit/s, also from Limelight but a much slower download,
> > has the same gap.
> >

> As does dafhigh2 from Akamai.

> It also had errors

> INFO: Downloading radio: 'BBC Proms: 2018 - Prom 56: Mozart and Bruckner
> (m0000736) [original]' INFO: Downloaded: 313.14 MB (02:09:48) @ 3.82
> Mb/s (dafhigh2/ak) [audio]

> WARNING: Failed to download file segment [1218] WARNING: Response: 502
> Bad Gateway WARNING: Retrying radio: 'BBC Proms: 2018 - Prom 56: Mozart
> and Bruckner (m0000736) [original]' INFO: Downloaded: 92.12 MB
> (00:38:11) @ 3.65 Mb/s (dafhigh2/ak) [audio]

> but they are probably caused by the very slow download speed which at
> times was a low as 2Mbit/s.

I got a similar 502 "Bad Gateway" during my first use of the current
version of gip for an earlier prom. (The first with an 'm' prefix.) But I
can't find any gap in the audio at or near the indicated time. I guess the
'retry' is successful.

FWIW I've been wondering about writing a simple 'digital black scanner' to
check fetched items for streams of 'nothing'. But as yet have been held up
by a shortage of round tuits. :-)

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm