On 12/11/2018 14:55, Dave Widgery wrote:

The strange this is that I am not getting these on my current registered
get_iplayer email address, but on a different address that I stopped
using with get_iplayer a few years ago.

So, it sounds like an old copy of the subscriber list is in circulation. I suspect that at some point in the past the subscriber list was available to members (and not just the list administrator as it is now) rather than the list server having being hacked.

It happens.

It's like all those "we've hacked your PC, got video of you wanking, and to prove it here's your password, send us money". Yup, it's definitely a password I used to use, somewhere, I can tell from the format so that's another site I used to use has had it's customer email and authentication details pinched in some way.

Shrug. Moving on.
--
Paul